Grove manor or some times called Grove Place Manor, came into being around 1320. It was held by a number of families starting with the Grove family, passed to the Gardyner family in the 16th century and was then held by a succession of people until 1939 when the house was taken over by the Government and became the centre for film production and communication for the armed services. It is now a commercial centre for Data and network communication services.
A detailed history is in preparation.
REFERENCES. Unless otherwise specified, all references given above refer to catalogue references at the Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies at Aylesbury. (County Record Office)
This print is a section of the Chalfont History website.
Please come back soon.
John Dodd ©2012 www.chalfonthistory.co.uk